Is your computer application taking a long time to respond? Or do you have to wait for a long time to start your computer? All these are outcomes of a slow PC. Though these problems are hard to face but you don’t need to worry at all. Don’t think of replacing your computer if you are facing a Langsom computer because fixing a slow computer issue is not a big deal for general computer users.
Ways to increase your PC’s Speed
There are many reasons that lead to a slow computer. Although the exact reason is hard to understand, one could work on following methods to increase the computer’s performance. These methods work effectively to remove slow PC problems.
- Remove spywares, viruses and worms from your computer: viruses and Trojans are a major threat to your computer. These harmful files not only slows your PC but also affects your operating system. Installing antivirus software may help in keeping your system away from infected files and will notify you whenever a virus is detected in your system.
- Defragmentation: A windows PC stores files on the disk drives. As time passes by, files are stored and removed from the system again and again. This breaks the hard drive into pieces known as fragments. These fragments result in a slow PC. More the number of fragments more slow will be the PC.
- One big reason for a slow PC is insufficient RAM. If your system features less RAM it may fail to run high definition programs efficiently. In order to fix a slow PC your system should have a lot of memory space to store the bulk data. If RAM is less, your system could not run all applications efficiently.
- Delete icons and files from your desktop: Keeping too many files and icons on your desktop also slows down your PC. You should avoid keeping any .doc file or .txt file on your desktop. Try to keep as less files or shortcut keys as possible on your desktop. More the number of icons on your desktop more big problems you will face with your PC speed.
- Uninstalling programs that are not required by the user frees the disk space. You should delete files from the computers that are unnecessary and acquire memory space needlessly. While uninstalling the unnecessary programs, sometimes a situation arises when registry keys of the uninstalled program are left undeleted. These files could be easily deleted from the computer by visiting the registry editor. It’s recommended to delete these keys in order to increase your PC’s performance.
Remove Temporary Files from your PC
Temporary files are one more thing that reduces PC’s performance. These files take unnecessary memory space that affects the speed of your computer. Deleting these files from your computer will solve the PC’s issue to a great extent. To delete temporary files just type %temp in the search bar and a list of all temporary files appear. Choose all of them and delete all permanently. One should also remember to keep the recycle bin clean always. These steps can help you to speed up your Langsom PC and have a fast working computer for yourself.