Brace yourselves for the harsh winter… and don’t let your style drop along with the temperature! People tend to get cozy and lazy with their styles during the winter. Men imagine winter is the weather that kills the fun, leaving lesser options of styles to explore.
But they couldn’t be more wrong – when done rightly, winter clothing put together intelligently can bring out some quite amazing styles that would not just turn heads but also be ardently followed. Now the million dollar question is- how do grungy, heavy clothing make a style statement?
Well, go through a few pointers below and you will realize there is no need for a magic wand.
- Classic Winter Hat: Keep it simple and yes, get them from a well known brand for winter clothes. Home made caps and the ones you pick from flea markets are bound to have a hideous pom-pom that will absolutely kill just about any look.
- Scarves: These are very personal and add a personal touch to any outfit. They express the individuality of a person. The best would be knitted ones in shades of navy blue. You could try various fashionable ways of tying them.
- Trench Coat: Make sure you get the length of your trench coat right, depending on your personality and of course the harshness of the winter. If you are tall and well built, the longer ones will suit you well. For the generously sized, stout gentlemen, shorter ones would go better.
- Wearing Sweaters: Sweaters are a must during winters and will probably be the one constant piece you wear everyday throughout the season. Make sure you own at least around 5 pieces of pure woolen sweaters that you could wear differently. You could team them up with scarves or wear them beneath your trench coat. Pulling up your sleeves could ruin the original shape of your sweater especially if they are knitted. So make sure you don’t do that with your knitted ones.
- Best kind of footwear for work? Most winter boots tend to look casual and out of place in a formal work place, the best bet is definitely the rubber Wellingtons. These will keep your feet protected from the cold and slush while perfectly matching your formal suits.
- Vests: work great with layering: Layering, being the in-thing today shouldn’t be tough to follow with vests. A neutral color vest would go well with most coloured sweaters or full sleeves shirts.
- Jumpers: The jumpers are infamous for the puffed up look and can be uncomfortable if you have to move around the whole day. A much better looking option would be if you could find well-fitted jumpers or play with layers of a few well fitted outfits. You can find well fitted jackets at Paul and Shark.
- Shades: A winter sport calls for the use of shades. There are great options available for all kinds of lenses and frames from various brands.
- Gloves: Leather gloves with fur lining and details are fashionable and keep you warm.
Make sure you start your winter shopping well in advance so you can avoid paying extra at the start of the season. Older clothes can be refreshed using winter clothes detergent. Make sure you don’t hang your woolens to dry as this would stretch the fabric. Dry them on a flat surface; so face this winter fearlessly with these aspects in mind.