The Christmas season is fast approaching and it’s time to celebrate with friends, family and loved ones. Putting together the perfect Christmas party can be alot of work but it will be absolutely worth it for the incredible memories that you create. Your Christmas party will be a chance for everyone to relax, have fun, reconnect, laugh and enjoy the warm and welcoming holiday atmosphere together.
So how can you put together the best possible Christmas party? Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Set the date as early as possible. Many people are busy during the holiday season and their diary will fill up quickly. This means that you should let them know about your Christmas party as soon as possible, so that they can keep the date free.
- Chose a date that will work for most of the people you want to invite. For example, a weekend night usually works better for people as they don’t have to work the next day.
- Once you have figured out the date, send a save the date email to everyone right away. Ask them to RSVP to you so that you can get as many people to the event as you can and you can prepare for them.
- Also make sure that you ask your guests to let you know about any dietary restrictions when they respond to your invitation, so that you can make sure that you have the right food options for them on your menu.
- Your budget will have a huge impact on the type of Christmas party that you put together, so make sure that you determine how much you are willing to spend.
- When you are planning out a budget, make sure that you allocate it depending on what is most important to your party. For example, you might choose to spend more on the food if it is to be a culinary focused event.
- Always plan for a little bit extra in your budget. Unexpected costs can always crop up when you don’t expect them, so it is good to have a little bit of spare money.
- Determine whether you are planning a daytime Christmas party, an evening event or even both. This will affect the style of the party and when you plan to have it for.
- Do you have enough room at your party to accommodate wives, husbands and partners? It’s nice to be able to let your guests bring their significant others, so make sure that you are able to accommodate everyone.
- Another decision you will have to make is whether you want to organise the party completely on your own, or use a pre-packaged Christmas party. A pre-packaged party will be organised by a venue or a Christmas party planner and they will usually put together the party based on a theme across an entire venue.
- Take a look at all of the venues that are available to you. They should be within your budget and easily accessible for your guests. Narrow down the shortlist to a few properties and then request a quote from each based on your requirements. There are many great hotels in Chester that you could choose from for your holiday party
- The events team at the venue are a great resource, as they will know the space very well and will have seen plenty of events. Don’t be afraid to ask them questions.
- Once you have narrowed it down further to a few, you can visit the venue yourself and see first-hand whether or not it would be compatible.
- Don’t forget to ask whether the venue would be willing to clear up afterwards, otherwise you might want to hire some help to do the cleaning.
- If you are booking the Christmas party at a hotel you might want to consider an overnight stay. You can organise it as part of the event and include accommodation options at the venue or at a hotel nearby.
- When you are negotiating with the venue, ask them what is available for you to use and what you will need to hire, such as entertainment equipment, furniture, staff or anything else.
These are just a few considerations to make when you are planning the perfect Christmas party this holiday season. Why not start planning your Christmas party in Cheshire today? Take your time and put together a special event that will be a great memory you can enjoy for many years to come.