You’ve finally bought that caravan you’ve been eyeing. You visited a local dealership and snagged your favorite from the caravans for sale and now you’re researching how to get the most out of your caravan lifestyle.
You didn’t spend time checking out caravans for sale for nothing, so what can you do to make sure that you make the most out of being a caravan owner? A great way to truly immerse yourself in the caravan lifestyle is to join a caravan club.
This may be the first time that you’re hearing about it but a caravan club is actually not as corny as it sounds. In fact, there are many benefits and advantages to being a part of a caravan club. If you’re curious about what you can get out of being a part of a club, consider the following reasons many join:
- You’ll get great deals on some amazing campgrounds. Because good campsites can be pretty pricey, if you can get some money off from the top ones, great. Many clubs offer pretty good discounts for being a member, so if you’re all about staying at great places, this could be a big reason for you to join. While you will be paying a certain amount for a yearly membership at one of these clubs, some of them offer up to 50% off on campsites and resorts, which means that you will actually save so much more money than what you’ll be paying on the membership. Of course, not every club is like this, so you’ll want to take your time to find the one that offers the best deals to make sure that you’re actually saving money.
- You’ll be able to get tips from those who have been living the caravan lifestyle for years. You’ll probably find a lot of some really cool people who have been living the caravanner lifestyle for years. As a newbie, you can benefit from their tips and perhaps avoid mistakes that they have made in the full-time road lifestyle.
- You’ll find that the campsites for those in the club are usually top-notch and provide you with the amenities that you love. Campsites that are offered by clubs are typically great ones that you will love. If you’re all about having all the amenities that you may need, including clean grounds in amazing locations, then this benefit may be the best one you’ll find being a club member.
- You’ll probably make some great friends with similar mindsets. You’re bound to meet a number of travellers like you when you join a club. You’ll be able to connect on your love for travelling and caravans, making it a great option for those who want to find new friends that share something in common. There are many clubs that have specific sub-clubs, such as women clubs or senior clubs. This way, you can connect with those in your “demographic,” which will make you feel like you’re a part of something and also help you to better connect with those who are like you.
- You’ll receive monthly magazines. Most clubs offer some type of monthly subscription magazine for free. If you’re new to the road tripping lifestyle, these magazines can actually be very beneficial, offering a lot of information on how to do things right, tips for avoiding disaster, and deals on many great experiences. You may find that some of the deals offered in these magazines are more than worth your membership fee.
Is It For You?
The caravan lifestyle is certainly a fun experience. However, it can be daunting if you’re new to it. A club can help you to feel like you’re a part of something, provide you with a “security blanket” so if you run into trouble, you can get advice from experienced people.
It also means that you could be saving money while road tripping, which is always a good thing, since campsites aren’t always the cheapest. The thing is that not every club offers the best benefits or deals, so make sure that you shop around and look at the cost in relation to benefits.
If the cost promises worth advantages, then it could be a great idea for you. Look around and read the fine print to make sure that you aren’t getting charged extra money that you didn’t calculate into the cost of membership.
Are you ready for the caravan lifestyle? If so, then you may want to consider joining a club. If you’ve already bought a caravan or about to check out the local caravans for sale, get a head start and shop around for a caravan club to join. Maybe you’ll save big but at the very least, you’ll make new friends that love travelling just as much as you do.