Have you ever thought that a tiny fruit like cherry can keep you safe from all the major diseases? If not, then start thinking now. Cherry can be an easy and natural solution to your health problems. Add cherries to your fruit baskets now.
Cherry is a wonderfully delicious fruit, which one has to taste. Though this fruit looks small yet it is packed with beneficial nutrients and a high amount of anti oxidants. Cherries can be of two types. On one hand, there is the sweet cherry, and on the other, there is tart cherry. They have a high level of Vitamin A and C, which are extremely good to the human body.
- Cherry is a low calorie fruit. They have high amount of phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals. As a result, it keeps the body of a human healthy and immune from many impurities.
- It is a pigment rich fruit. The flavonoid present in this fruit is known as anthocyanin glycosides. This keeps the skin fresh and natural. It works as an anti ageing element which can prevent wrinkles.
- Regular consumption of cherries helps a body to fight against gout arthritis, muscle pain and sport injuries.
- Cherry is high on antioxidants, which can be helpful in preventing cancer. The antioxidant compound present in the fruit helps in curing neurological diseases. It also helps to keep the blood sugar level normal in a human body.
- A type of antioxidant called melatonin is present in cherries. It is able to cross the blood and brain barrier and thus gives relief to brain neurons calming down the irritation in a nervous system. It helps a lot in curing headaches and insomnia problems.
- Zinc, iron, potassium and manganese—all are present in this fruit. This keeps the flow of cell and body fluids normal keeping the heart beat in control. It also regulates the blood pressure properly.
- Tart cherries contains anti oxidants like lutein and beta carotene. They act against harmful free radicals which play a major role in preventing cancer and other harmful diseases.
How to eat?
It is a good decision to keep cherries in a regular diet. One can easily add cherries to their fruit salad or flavoured yogurt and can have it any time of the day. Sweet cherries can be eaten alone without adding any extra thing to it. One can pop a bunch of sweet cherries in their mouth whenever they want. One can also add dried sweet cherries as a topping on fruit cakes, muffins, cookies and desserts.
But what about the tart cherry? It is not possible to eat a tart cherry just like that. They are mainly used in preparing sauce, jam, pie fillings and cheese cakes. One can also squeeze an amount of tart cherries to extract the juice out of it. Adding sweetener to it and then having the juice makes sense.
Thus, cherry can do wonder to your health. Do not go by its size. They look small, but they are a big one when comes to benefits.