A fruit which is brilliant in texture and beauty is the Kiwi fruit. The lustrous green along with the black dots of the seeds create a mesmerizing effect, which surely makes it a must have fruit in fruit baskets. In fact, the simple addition of 2 or more slices of Kiwi is sufficient to give your fruit salad a good taste and make it a feast for the eyes. Definitely it is good to look at, but kiwi has various other health benefits that make it a viable fruit to be consumed on a daily basis. Rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, copper and fibre, there are umpteen benefits of kiwi. Let’s explore some of them-
Nutritional Value of Kiwi
A medium size fruit of kiwi consists of 64 milligrams of Vitamin C, 252 milligrams of Vitamin K, 2.1 grams of fibre, 0.8 grams of protein and just about 42 calories. Vitamin C is an important ingredient for fighting infections in the body. Further, it also helps to maintain a healthy and glowing skin. Vitamin K is an important mineral for blood clotting, prevents heart diseases and also aids in various reactions which occurs for body metabolism. Protein is an essential part of building muscles and is also good for hour. Fibres help to keep the small intestine clean by removing all the unwanted food items. With fewer calories to its accord, kiwi becomes one of the ideal fruits for consumption
There are umpteen health benefits of kiwi. Here are some of them:
- Aids in Digestion- Kiwi aids in digestion and increases the digestive power by using the actinidain protein which helps to dissolve enzymes easily. Hence, having raw kiwi can be really helpful as it strengthens the digestive power in the long run.
- Good for immunity- Since, kiwi is highly rich in Vitamin C, it helps to fight and protect the body from infections. In fact, the vitamins C along with antioxidants play a vital role in boosting the immunity levels of the body by manifold.
- Balance the level of blood pressure- Kiwi is a good source of Vitamin K that helps to balance out the sodium levels of the body. Sodium is one of the prime components of heart diseases including blood pressure, and hence, consumption of Kiwi can be helpful in maintaining these levels.
- Helps in losing weight- Wondering how? Well, kiwi has very few calories in comparison to the pool of vitamins and minerals that it contains. So, a serving of kiwi helps to put on very less fat and the fibres help to satiate the hunger giving a fuller appeal.
- May help in preventing cancer- A recent study has unveiled that kiwi consumption helps to protect DNA from damage or undergoing any sort of change. This in turn may be helpful for preventing cancer in the future.
- Good for diabetic patients- Since, Kiwi has a low glycemic index; it does not increase the blood sugar level, which is the demand of the diabetic patients.
These are reasons enough to help to consume of serving of Kiwi on an everyday basis.