Of late, Australian universities have become quite popular for international students who are planning to pursue higher studies from a foreign locale. The following post explores why you should study in Australia.
According to a survey, Australia has third largest population of international students in the world. That in itself is a proof enough of the fact that Australia is an education hub. Australia, being a cultural hub, provides a chance for overall development of the individual and not just in terms of education. The Australian education system has defined guidelines for higher education and especially for international students who enroll themselves in Australian universities.
Every year, thousands of students enroll themselves for various courses in Australia. The reason is quality education and slightly cheaper expenditure. Monetary wise, it is cheaper to study in Australia in comparison to other countries like UK and USA. They not only have world class amenities but also provide world class education to the students. The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) provides a system through which students can easily move through the education system and that their degree is recognized all over the world.
Why choose Australia for Higher Studies?
The most important question to ask is why chose Australia for higher studies? The answer is: every year, universities in Australia find a place for themselves in the world ranking list and studying a top university is the biggest dream of any student. They rank high in quality education, global standing and overall development of the students. In the latest ranking, seven of the country’s universities have been listed in the top 100 world’s best universities list. Besides having best colleges and facilities, they also have certain laws and regulations laid down for students from all over the world.
Australian degrees are recognised all over and also highly regarded. International students are also allowed to work for certain hours within a week. Needless to say that placement options are also available for students studying in an Australian university.
Rules and Regulations in Australian Universities
The biggest assurance that the government gives is that of quality to the students. Certain laws that make lives of international students for higher education in Australia are:
- The Education Service for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act, 2002.
- The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)
- The Tuitions Protection Service.
These are just few examples of many laws and regulations that Australia has. When you choose Australia as your preferred destination, you decide to go to a place that has a mixture of people from all over the world. Not only that, there you study in universities that gives you the opportunity to enrich yourself in a complete manner.
Australia offers a diverse range of study options for international students. The country has more than 1200 institutes offering around 22, 000 courses. It is important to look for an institution that is registered with Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
Top 5 Australian Universities for International Students
When you decide to invest in education outside, it is important to look for a place where you will get maximum returns in terms of learning as well as work opportunities. We have compiled a list of top 5 Australian universities for international students:
- Australian National University – Located in the capital city of Canberra, Australian National University (ANU), is one of the top universities of Australia. It is a highly respected research institute that provides a holistic environment for learning. ANU has seven organized institutes within its authority in fields like arts and social sciences, economics and business, etc. Students of ANU are motivated to lead a balance life—combining education with extra-curricular activities.
- University of Wollongong (UOW) – University of Wollongong (UOW) is based in the city of Wollongong and is a mid-sized university. They offer students excellent educational opportunities in a well-developed and accessible city. UOW is ranked as the second best university in the country. They offer courses in five fields – business; law, humanities and Arts; Science and health; social sciences; and engineering and information sciences. Almost 39 % of students here are international students. They have established their satellite centres to spread wings and spread education to students all over.
- University of Western Australia – The University of Western Australia located at Perth, is not only famous for its quality education but also for remarkable placements after graduation. The post-education opportunities are often high here. It also offers various grants and scholarships in order to attract more students from all over the world. They have nine varied courses under them, like, architecture, landscape, business management, engineering, medicine and the list goes on. Along with good education, they also provide sporting and recreational facilities for their students.
- University of Melbourne – University of Melbourne is located at the cultural capital of the country. There are more than 12,000 international students studying here. The university is known as the number one in research studies in Australia. Students can choose from a host of courses and research subjects in the university. The institute also offers grants and scholarships to meritorious students.
- University of Sydney – Known for many iconic places, Sydney is a multi-cultural city. The university is located in heart of city enabling students to enjoy the environment of the place to fullest. Needless to say that the institute offers ample scope for studies and researches to international students spanning across various subjects and disciplines.
Australia is one of the most dynamic places especially for an international student. Coming together of cultures, traditions, educational excellence, and employment opportunities is what describes the current scenario there. With many reputed educational institutions established there, it becomes important for a student to look at possibilities to study there.
So, if you are planning to pursue your higher studies in a foreign country, then you must choose Australia!