Upholstery cleaning is something that people mostly prefer getting done by the professional cleaners. It is the job that can be best done by the upholstery cleaning companies. You can also try performing it at home. In fact, it is recommended that you must keep on performing little bit of upholstery cleaning on regular basis so as to prolong your furniture life. When it comes to upholstery cleaning then everyone wonders how to do this and what tools are required. Specified tools and products must be used for cleaning and removing stains. Apart from these tools and products, there are many home based remedies as well for keeping your furniture and upholstery perfectly clean. In the following, few quick upholstery cleaning tips have been discussed. If you are following these tips and tricks then your furniture will have a good life. Also, it will make it easier for deep cleaning.
• It is strongly recommended that before making use of any upholstery cleaning product always vacuum the sofa first. This will let any dust and dirt to get removed first. It is good to remove as much dirt as possible before applying any cleaning product so as to get good results. The vacuum cleaners come up with special soft brush head attachment for sofa cleaning so it is better to use this special attachment so as to prevent the furniture from any kind of damage.
• For cleaning the spots, it is also suggested that always test any kind of cleaning product or home based remedy on the part of the furniture that is not much visible so that if it does not work well then it must not be used on the visible side. Also, you can check the product for any kind of side effects like discolouring.
• For any spot, baby wipes must be used initially to check if it can work. There are many furniture fabrics over which these wipes work quite well.
• A great home remedy for cleaning stains and spots is to make use of vinegar. You can use any microfiber cloth, dip it into the vinegar and then gently wipe the stain. Wipe the stain gently and do not harshly rub it. In this way, the stain can smudged and give worse look to your furniture.
• You can also perform general upholstery cleaning on regular basis at home by making a mixture of soap and warm water. By dipping the microfiber cloth into this solution, you can gently wipe off your sofa. It will help you to simply tackle the dust and dirt on regular basis.
• Do not use any kind of drying equipment for your furniture and let it dry naturally. A number of people do make use of hair dryer to get the sofa dried but it is not a good option. It is better to open the windows and let the breeze come in.
• Always perform the upholstery cleaning according to the material of your furniture. Do follow the instructions related to the material carefully. Also, make use of the cleaning products that are specified for particular materials.
• If you have leather sofa then strictly avoid the use of water. Do make use of steam cleaner instead. The water might leave behind its stains on leather.
• If any of the part of your furniture is detachable then do wash it regularly. Also, if the covers can be changed easily then try to replace the covers with alternate ones and do wash the first one.
By following these tips, you can perform upholstery cleaning in a professional way.