NETGEAR router is a device that performs the function of a wireless access point and also includes the function of a wireless router. Routers are used to provide access to a private computer network and the internet. Depending upon the router’s make and model, it can function in a mixed wired and wireless network, in a wired ‘Local Area Network’, or on a ‘Wireless-Only LAN’. Routers also allow enjoying the cool features of Netgear Genie Smart Setup from the palm of your hand like parental control, guest access, traffic meter, network map, MyMedia, and wireless security settings.
This app enables you to configure the process of your Netgear WiFi Range Extender Setup through mywifiext of a device that is physically and properly connected to the WiFi network. For this, what you have to do, connect your computer with the range extender and plug them both into an electrical outlet.
But remember, you have to first set up your wireless router and update it with the latest version of technology.
- Use the latest firmware of modem and connect it with your wireless router.
- Plug both the devices into a power source.
- Wait for the LED lights on modem starts blinking. Similarly, turn on your router and let the power lights on it becomes stable.
- After that, connect your computer with the router and launch a web browser. Now, in the address bar you have to type the default IP address of your Netgear router.
- Enter username and password (default).
- Netgear Genie Smart Setup page will be displayed automatically.
- In case, Netgear Genie page doesn’t display, then don’t waste your precious time in brainteaser and annoying steps of troubleshooting. Just give us a call on toll-free number 1-888-927-4505 and the team of best technicians in the world will be waiting to help you.
Note: mywifiext.net is the URL that is used to configure the settings of wireless range extender via Netgear Genie app.
Well, it might be a long time that you have used your router and lost or forgotten its default login details. In case, you are trying to connect your WiFi devices with the router and fail to do it, then there are chances that your login credentials are protected. If the ‘password recovery’ feature is enabled, then your password can be recovered.
If the ‘password recovery’ feature is disabled, then a factory reset process will be required to change the default settings.
Note: A factory reset process can also be helpful for you to login mywifiext. If you face error while mywifiext.net login, then don’t delay in calling our tech support team.
Steps to Reset a Netgear Router
- Locate the reset button that is situated at the back of your router.
- With the help of a paper clip, press and hold the ‘reset button’ for 2-30 seconds.
- Once done, release the button. Your Netgear router will reboot automatically.
- It is recommended that do not interrupt the reset process as it may render your router.
Things to Remember:
- Place your router, computer, and the modem in an open and airy place.
- Do not overload them with malicious files and malware.
- Avoid making use of an outdated device.
- Always clean your devices with a dry piece of cloth. Do not cover them.
- Do not hide them.
- Clear the browsing history, malware, and malicious files before getting logged into the Netgear genie setup page or mywifiext.com.
- Keep the antennas of router in vertical position.
- For more assistance, call the tech support team immediately.