Does that sound right, a healthy chicken burrito? Yup! Baked chicken burritos are so delicious! Moreover, they are quick to prepare, cook and serve. While you are worrying what food to make for your house parties, snacks and corporate events, in this article, we will share the recipe on how you can make a chicken burrito healthier than usual. It’s also best to include this in your catering services menu to offer for your clients. It’s that easy to prepare.
Ingredients are as follows:
- 1 kg of Deboned Skinless Chicken Breast
- ¼ cup of Chopped Green Bell Pepper Strips
- ¼ cup of Chopped Red Bell Pepper Strips
- ½ Shredded Lettuce
- 5-6 lg. soft burrito/tortilla shells
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 24 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- ¼ kg Broccoli
- ¼ kg Carrots
Condiments to Add Taste
- 1/3 cup of chopped onions cut into strips
- 1/3 cup of chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup of canned Corn n’ Peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of shredded or grated Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Light Sour Cream
- Buttery Spray (6 tablespoons butter)
- ½ teaspoon of Salt and Pepper
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
1. First prepare your oven and set it to 400°F to 450°F (medium heat) for pre-heating.
2. Lightly spray your cooking dish or small skillet with butter and set the oven aside.
3. Sautee the onions and tomatoes in butter until tender.
Having peptide called GPCS, onions are especially helpful for those suffering or beginning to have the manifestations of osteoporosis.
On the other hand, tomatoes are full of lycopene, which fights their cancer. These red fruits also consist in Vitamins A to K that target lowering our blood pressure and minimize free radicals in our bodies.
4. Blend the all-purpose flour and place it with the tender-crisp onions to the skillet. Onions here not only will taste good but also battle against heart disease and diabetes since they are loaded with folate and Vitamin C.
5. For your chicken breast, use your best utensils such as fork and knife to butterfly-cut and shred the meat into manageable sizes. Then sprinkle some salt and pepper and garlic powder to taste.
6. Include the lettuce, bell peppers, carrots and broccoli together with the chicken breast fillings in the pan and coat them with salsa and other seasoning.
While lettuce is a popular green vegetable present in salads, you can also opt to add broccoli and carrots for a healthy recipe. Broccolis are packed with antioxidants that help reduce the risk of stomach, lung and rectal cancers.
Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, vitamin C and folate that aid to boost the immune system so you can be better protected against flus and other common viruses.
You see bell peppers on pizzas and baked goods. Let your chicken burrito have its fair share of these colorful and healthy vegetables. Bell peppers, whether red, orange or yellow, contain nutrients that are good for the heart. These are lycopene and folic acid.
7. Cover the pan with tin foil and wait for about two to three minutes until baking is done. Note that you should stir and turn the chicken and veggies in the oven while baking.
8. Once done, provide ample proportions of sour cream onto each soft burrito/tortilla and top the chicken meat with the veggie mix.
9. More magic in the taste comes when you top the whole thing with the shredded of grated cheese.
10. Then it’s time to use the oven again. In ungreased glass baking dish, place the tortillas or burritos with chicken and vegetable fillings in a shallow baking dish.
11. Make sure to fold the seam sides down to make an envelope that encloses all the contents.
12. To know that baking is done, look at the cheese on top. It should be melted for 7 to 12 minutes.
13. Serve into your more glamorous plates and enjoy the food with your friends and family!
This healthy baked chicken burrito recipe is really easy to prepare. Why not try it out now? You would only need these ingredients, follow the steps and wait for a maximum of 20 minutes to get everything done. You can have it as a side dish or eat it together with your salad. You can finally free yourself of too many carbohydrates and be healthier this time.