Are you planning a fun trip to the Amalfi Coast this summer? The Amalfi Coast is located on the Southern end of the Italian peninsula – on what is called the Tyrrhenian Sea. Because it is located on the Southern portion of Italy, the weather is often very warm. However, it can get chilly at night when the wind picks up the chill of the ocean. Whatever the case is, the Amalfi Coast is one of the most beautiful locations in the world – with good food, wine and more. Before you head out to the Amalfi Coast, you may want to know what some of the most fun things to do are. The last thing you want is to miss out. Here are some fun things to do on the Amalfi coast.
- Visit Ravello. If you want to experience the beauty of one of Amalfi’s smaller towns that line the coast, you may want to first stop off at Ravello. With its gorgeous bush and flower lined hills and quaint homes, this small village offers a great view, intimate dining experiences and more. During the day, Ravello is quite busy, but at night, everything closes and there is nothing but the sound of the lapping waves.
- Travel to the Blue Grotto. A short ferry right out to the Island of Capri will offer one of the most beautiful and exciting adventures. Once you get to the island, you can take a small boat to the Blue Grotto. The Blue Grotto gets its name from the color of the blue light that reflects against the water and the stone walls, as if someone is shining a blue light. You can contact anAmalfi tour guide, like Through Eternity Tours, to take you to this beautiful grotto.
- Take a look around Pompeii. If you want to experience ancient Italy in all its splendor, you may want to travel out to Pompeii. Just a short drive from the coast, Pompeii is a small village that was destroyed by Mount Vesuvius. When you visit Pompeii not only will you get to see the village how it was thousands of years ago, you will also be able to see pets, and even people, who couldn’t make it out of the volcanic ash alive.
- Go on a boat ride. The coast of Amalfi is perfect for a boat ride, because the water isn’t so rough and there aren’t a lot of waves. You can actually take a canoe along the Amalfi coast if you are feeling brave enough. The best part about boating along the Amalfi coast is that you get to see all the little villages and towns within a couple of hours – without having to drive.
- Take a food tour. If you are a foodie, you may want to take a food tour of all the little cafes and restaurants. Indeed, you will be pretty full at the end of the day, but you will also get to taste and savor all of the delicacies of Amalfi. In the end, Italy has some of the best food, but the Amalfi coast may have some of the best food in Italy.