If you’re still confused whether to try medical marijuana or consult more doctors, you should read these lines. And why wouldn’t you be so careful? It’s your right to be cautious before trying any such drug and that has a bad reputation in the past. Medical marijuana however, has been through different stages and reviews before it was finally made legal. Still, the drug has been controlled strictly in many countries.
If your doctor has analyzed your health, he may prescribe the drug to you. If you’ve been on the medicine for years, you can get medical marjuana prescriptiononline from a certified GrowLegally Clinic. For those who want to invest in this business, they can get medical marijuana consulting online.
Well, this post is about the benefits this particular drug has on offer. It will also highlight the facts in favor of medical marijuana.
- Marijuana and Marinol:There are really no other medications that have the same mechanisms of action as marijuana. Dronabinol (Marinol) is available by prescription in capsules, but has the distinct disadvantage of containing only synthetic delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which is only one of many therapeutically beneficial cannabinoids in the natural plant.
Marinol differs from the crude plant marijuana because it consists of one pure, well-studied, FDA-approved pharmaceutical in stable known dosages. Marijuana is an unstable mixture of over 400 chemicals including many toxic psychoactive chemicals which are largely unstudied and appear in uncontrolled strengths.
- Marijuana and Terminally III Diseases: Consumer Reports believes that, for patients with advanced AIDS and terminal cancer, the apparent benefits some derive from smoking marijuana outweigh any substantiated or even suspected risks.
In the same spirit the FDA uses to hasten the approval of cancer drugs, federal laws should be relaxed in favor of states’ rights to allow physicians to administer marijuana to their patients on a caring and compassionate basis.
- The “Gateway” Effect: The marijuana gateway effect is not the best explanation for the link between marijuana use and the use of harder drugs.
An alternative, simpler and more compelling explanation accounts for the pattern of drug use you see in this country, without resort to any gateway effects. While the gateway theory has enjoyed popular acceptance, scientists have always had their doubts. Our study shows that these doubts are justified.
The people who are predisposed to use drugs and have the opportunity to use drugs are more likely than others to use both marijuana and harder drugs. Marijuana typically comes first because it is more available
- Addiction to Drug: According to medical marijuana doctor, for some users, perhaps as many as 10 per cent, cannabis leads to psychological dependence, but there is scant evidence that it carries a risk of true addiction. Unlike cigarette smokers, most users do not take the drug on a daily basis, and usually abandon it in their twenties or thirties.
- Effects on Youth:While it is not possible with existing data to determine conclusively that state medical marijuana laws caused the documented declines in adolescent marijuana use, the overwhelming downward trend strongly suggests that the effect of state medical marijuana laws on teen marijuana use has been either neutral or positive, discouraging youthful experimentation with the drug.