Right from the moment you have created your little one inside your tummy, you’ve also made a decision that you agree to destroy your body for the time being. Imagine your internal organs being squeezed and pushed up by your expanding uterus while all your muscles are expanded to a huge measure so that you can carry your baby inside you. These are just some of the sacrifices that mothers have to deal with just to bring out another human being into this world.
But what happens after delivering your baby? Do you still need to continue suffering from all the effects that pregnancy gave you? Almost all new moms crave to get their lives back after those nine months of torture to their body. But sadly for some, they just accept those imperfections, thinking that their body will never be the same again and that it takes a huge step to regain your old self. Wrong! There’s still hope. And so, to give courage and support to all mommies out there, we have listed a few of some simple exercises to tone those abdominal muscles that you can easily squeeze into your daily routines.
1. Forearm Plank
Different variations of planks are considered to be one of the simplest flat tummy exercises after delivery. It gives plenty of benefits since it targets all your muscles as you contract your muscles while performing the exercise.
- Get down on the floor with your hands and legs.
- Stretch your legs and arms that only your toes and your palms are touching the floor and supporting your overall body weight.
- Maintain a posture where in your spine bones are straightened out from your head down to your toes.
- For beginners, start holding on to this position for 10 seconds.
- Start adjusting the holding time to tone more those muscles.
To regain your pelvic stability and strengthen your core, this exercise will suit your needs. It focuses on your abdominal muscles as well as your hips since you must control your entire torso while performing this exercise.
- Lay down your back on the floor.
- Keep your arms at your side.
- Raise your right leg towards the ceiling, making a 90-degrees angle on the floor.
- Begin to draw an imaginary circle (just about the size of a dinner plate) with your raised right leg in the air.
- Complete at least 10 circles before changing your circular movement to counter-clockwise direction.
- Repeat the steps with your left leg.
3. Towel Pulse
Doesn’t have any equipment to help you with your training exercises? Then complete this exercise with just a use of a towel.
- Lie on the floor, facing the ceiling and with knees bent.
- Put on a towel on your upper shins while holding the towel on both sides.
- Gently pull the towel towards you to squeeze your thighs and raise your shoulders off the ground.
- Hold on to this position then return to normal position.
4. Towel Single Leg Stretch
By performing this post-partum exercise regularly, you can tone not only your abdominal muscles but also promotes a sleeker-looking torso for your body.
- Lay flat on the floor.
- Put a towel on your raised thighs.
- Raise your head and shoulders off the floor as you push your thighs downwards with the towel and stretch your left leg out in the process.
- Repeat the steps with the other side of your body.
5. Squat With Squeeze
There are a lot of Tupler Techniques which will do great as flat tummy exercises after delivery. One of it is the squat with a squeeze as it focuses on the transverse muscles without any equipment needed.
- Rest your back behind a wall.
- Place your both feet with a little bit of distance in front of you and with hips-width apart.
- Place a ball in between your knees as you expand your belly muscles in inhaling.
- As you exhale, bend your knees and perform a squat while squeezing the ball more in between your knees.
- Hold your squat position as you contract and expand your abdominal muscles through inhaling and exhaling.
Overall, these exercises will definitely help you in achieving a flat tummy. However, it is still an excellent idea to give yourself some rest every once in a while and let your body adjust from all the events and changes it’ll go through. If ever you’ve encountered any pain, seek your doctor’s advice immediately. Remember, with great determination; there will always be a great result.