Now Reading
5 Bio-Hazards That Need To Be Addressed In The Home

5 Bio-Hazards That Need To Be Addressed In The Home

5 Bio-Hazards That Need To Be Addressed In The Home

Many people think of their home as their sanctuary. It is supposed to be the one place where you feel safe and secure. However, there may be a number of hazards in your home. Below are five of the hazards that you could possibly have in your home:

Mold

Have you noticed that your basement, closet or bathroom has a musty odor? If so, then you could possibly have mold in your home. Mold has a tendency to grow in moist, dark places. Anyone can be affected by mold, but people with asthma, weakened immune systems and chronic lung diseases are at an even greater risk for suffering from health problems. That is why it is important for you to get mold removed as soon as possible. Paul Davis Restoration offers mold removal services.

5 Bio-Hazards That Need To Be Addressed In The Home

Lead Contamination

It is estimated that 24 million homes in America have lead-based paint and high levels of lead-contaminated dust. Many of these homes have young children. Children are at a greater risk for suffering from lead poisoning because they have a tendency to touch things and then put their hands in their mouth. You should contact your state or local health department and ask about testing the dust or paint in your home for lead.

Cleaning Products

Many of the store-brought household cleaners have chemicals in them that can be hazardous to your health. You want to make sure that you keep household cleaning products out of the reach of children. You may also want to consider using natural cleaning products.

Carbon Monoxide

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas, so you may not even realize that you have it in your home. However, this gas can be deadly. It comes from appliances that burn fuel, such as space heaters, fireplaces and stoves. One of the best things that you can do to protect yourself is to get a carbon monoxide detector installed. You should also make sure that your appliances are installed correctly.

See Also

Furniture Polish

You may be surprised to see furniture polish on this list. However, furniture polish contains ingredients that can cause eye or skin irritation. If furniture polish is swallowed or inhaled, then it could cause throat swelling and breathing problems. You should make sure that you are very cautious when using furniture polish.

Many people’s homes are not as safe as they should be. Mold, lead, cleaning products, carbon monoxide and furniture polish can result in health problems. Fortunately, being extra cautious and consulting with a professional if needed will help you keep your home safe.

© 2019 Medusa Magazine. All Rights Reserved.
Scroll To Top