Shilajit is a blackish-brown powder which mainly found in mid Himalayans range between India and Nepal. In India, Shilajit is basically present in the Himalayas region. It is much benefited for people who suffering for various disease. It is a phytocomplex very rich in fulvic acid. The researchers hypothesize that Shilajit is produced by the decomposition of plant material from species.
In the Ayurvedic, shilajit is also known as silajatu or shilajatu. Its meaning in Sanskrit is “conqueror of mountains and destroyer of weakness.” It botanical name of shilajit is Asphaltum. It is bitter in taste, and its smell resembles cow’s stale urine. It has high anti-oxidant content and bio-regenerative properties
Shilajit is mainly containing humic substances, especially as fulvic acid. Shilajit is one of best medicines of Ayurveda. It contain about 60% to 80% of nutraceutical compound and selenium which has anti-aging properties. The properties of fulvic acid which make this herb very unique. Fulvic acid has properties like anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and memory enhancer. It is the best ayurvedic medicine for Alzheimer’s disease. Shilajit is protector of the liver which maintains proper secretion of enzymes and juices. In this way treating it help in increase the metabolism. It is best anti-microbial action which protects the body.
It is a strong immune system booster and protects the body from all diseases and infections. It helps in treating respiratory problems. Shilajit is best anti-histamine which helps in curing various allergies.
Vegetable Asphalt, Mineral Pitch
Shilajit can be found in the Himalayan area, Tibet and Nepal.
Part Is Used
Renew Your Cells
In shilajit fulvic acid is present. With the help of this acid nutrients are easily absorb. Shilajit has ability to rejuvenate a cell by driving oxygen and nutrients into the cell.It also remove the impurities from the body and act as natural antioxidant activity.
Taste (Rasa): Pungent, bitter, salty, astringent
Energy (Virya): Heating
Post-digestive quality (Vipaka): Pungent
Quality (Guna): Dry, heavy
Tissue (Dhatu): All the tissues
Shilajit Benefits / Medicinal Uses:
- It is the best immune booster.
- Shilajit is best ayurvedic medicine for diabetes.
- It is good for respiratory problems.
- Sexual enhancer
- Potent vitamin and mineral source
- For longevity
- Best anti-aging
- Shilajit is best energy booster
- It also act as adaptogen.
- It seems to be best medicine for arthritis and joint pain.
- It also helps in reducing inflammation.
- Aid memory and thinking.
- It is act as best anti-cancerous.
- It helps in reducing stress.
- Reduce physical and mental fatigue.
- It also helps in reducing anxiety and depression.
- It increases the powers of concentration.
- It helps in maintain heart health.
- It also helps in controlling the high blood pressure.
- It helps in improving the digestion.
- It is good for gastritis, constipation and indigestion.
- It also helps in protecting the liver and pancreas from damage.
- It helps to increase the blood circulation.
- It also in increase metabolism.
- It also helps in maintaining blood sugar level.
- It helps in the remove the excess kapha from the body.
- For proper enzyme secretion
- It has anti-microbial properties.
- Maintain physical strength and endurance
- Help in treating erectile dysfunction
- Best for urinary problems and kidney stones
- It also play an important role in treating the anemia.
- It also helps in treating the ulcers properly.
- Maintain hormonal balance
- It also act as the best blood purifier as it remove toxins from the body.
- It provide energy for the body.
- One should avoid Shilajit if a person suffers from gout because it increases uric acid in the body.
Children, pregnant or nursing mothers also avoid shilajit.