Most of the students who want to become engineer, dream of studying in IITs of India. But making it to the IITs is not possible for everyone. Every year close to 13 lakh or more students appear for JEE Main and among them only 10,000 students are able to secure a place in IIT. So, when you are preparing for JEE Main, you should ask yourself the question ‘What are the options available to you in case you are not able to make it to IIT?
For all those who are not able to make it to IIT, should not worry as there are many other options available:
- If you cannot make it to the IIT, do not think that this is the end of your career. Moreover, the thing that matters here is pursuing a career in engineering is important and if you are able to get it from some other college you should not feel dejected. Even if you are not an IIT graduate you can always do well in your career if you have the required skills.
- There are a number of institutes in India that are as good and they also ask for lower cut-off marks. The lower cut-off mark does not mean that the standard of t education provided by the college is not up to the mark. In fact students passing out from these premier colleges in India have excelled in their respective fields and are successful entrepreneurs and professionals today. However, since it is a matter of your career, you should ideally check the status and rank of the university you want to join.
- Besides this, there are a number of private and public sector colleges which actually make up more than 90% of the total engineering seats. Among these colleges; there are few who offer extremely good engineering courses. So, students need to be extra careful when selecting the private or public sector colleges.
- There are candidates who simply do not want to pursue science courses in case they cannot make it to IIT and if you are one of those individuals you can opt for BSc. degree. Studying BSc. with core subjects like Statistics, Economics or mathematics can be quite lucrative and make way for lots of job opportunities.
- Along with studying BSc. degree you can appear for civil services examinations. Being a science graduate, you can easily clear this otherwise tough exam and can join civil services.
- However, if you are very passionate about getting into IIT and pursuing your engineering from this institute, then you should definitely give it another chance. Because you have already appeared for the entrance exam; there is a huge chance that you will not be making the same errors again and will score a better rank next time.
So, these are the possible options available for you if you are not able to make it to IIT.
Although eligibility criteria of the engineering institutes and universities differ, the admission procedure remains the same for institutes across. Once the result of the entrance examination is declared; the next step is counseling wherein basis the rank in the entrance examination and class 12 marks the student is allocated a seat in the institute along with the preferred engineering branch.
Coming to TS EAMCET counselling procedure 2017 which is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad the counseling process has already been started from 19th July and the allotment list will be released accordingly. And, if you are appearing for the entrance examination next year, make sure that you check the dates for the exam as well as counseling beforehand; so that you do not end up in trouble at the last moment.