Tea is good and healthy in all seasons and it can be served hot or iced as the weather demands. Besides its taste and refreshment attribute, it has many health benefits too. There are a number of researches that prove that drinking tea could actually improve the health conditions. It is a flavorful way to intake enough fluid into the body each day. You would even like it more when you will know that teas help in protecting teeth, rescue from several heart problems and even stave off cancer.
A major proportion of the population buy tea online in Australia. People consume a variety of teas over there and know that whichever type of tea they consume is going to make a positive difference. All non-herbal teas are made up from the leaves of Camellia Sinensis plant. The processing time of the leaves decides whether you would get green, black or oolong tea.
There are maximum chances of getting Ceylon tea in Australia because people love this kind. The least processed tea is the green tea and it possesses the highest amount of polyphenols and also it is the only tea that contains the polyphenols and catechin. This is the reason why many studies have been made using green tea. There are certain herbal teas that are known for their medicinal values and the soothing effect it causes to the digestive system.
Here are some of the health benefits you can get out of tea:
- Tea is high in antioxidants which work to prevent the body from rusting (body’s version) and thus it helps in keeping us young and also protect from the damage that pollution causes to the skin.
- As compared to coffee, tea has less amount of caffeine. There are no signs of caffeine found in the herbal blends. This gives an impression that tea can be consumed without getting any pesky effects on the nervous system.
- Tea reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes. A study shows that people who drink around one to three cups of green tea daily, their risk of suffering from heart attacks and strokes is reduced by 20 percent.
- Tea might also help in weight loss, though research on this isn’t as strong.
- Consumption of tea may also protect from bone loss. Data from recent animal studies has shown this.
- Japanese researchers have found that tea helps in the reduction of tooth loss. The fluid changes the pH in the mouth and that prevents from the cavities.
- Tea helps in boosting up the immune system by tuning up the immune cells. This tuning helps them to reach their target faster.
- Tea might also help in the battle with cancer. The consumption of the tea shall increase in order to fight with cancer.
- Herbal Tea is antispasmodic and is considered good for people with irritable bowel syndrome. Ginger Teas helps to calm nausea.
- Unlike water, teas can be taken in various flavors and forms. An addition of ginger or cinnamon stick would bring a lot of change in the flavor and is also healthy.