Your oral problems can sometimes be really stressful and a decayed tooth can lead to extensive dental damage. Although it is a very common oral problem yet, like every other disease, this also needs to be controlled. If you suffer from tooth decay, schedule an appointment with an experienced dentist at any renowned dental clinic. There are some well-known dental clinics in chennai where dentists provide effective remedies for toothache, gum infection and other oral problems.
What are the Symptoms of Tooth Decay?
Tooth decay may not involve tooth or gum pain. If you have dental caries, there are probabilities to have following problems:
- Sensitivity of tooth – You may feel pain when eating or drinking something cold, hot or sweet.
- Toothache – Continuous pain or occasional sharp pain without a specific reason may trouble you anytime.
- Bad breath – Sometimes your mouth may produce unpleasant smell which is not at all good for your overall health.
- Spots on your teeth – Brown, grey or black spots may appear on the molars that may damage them over time.
- Bad taste – You may experience unpleasant taste in your mouth due to improper cleaning.
If you suffer from tooth pain or dental abscesss, contact a best dentist in chennai to get the most effective treatment at the earliest.
How to Treat Tooth Decay?
Treating tooth decay depends on the level of infection. Let us round up a number of methods that can prove to be helpful:
- Filling crown – This method is used to remove the dental decay using local anesthesia to numb the tooth and fill the hole.
- Fluoride – Your dentist may use a fluoride gel on the affected area. Fluoride helps to strengthen the tooth enamel. It makes your precious gems more resistant to the acids from plaque that can cause teeth decay.
- Tooth replacement – Your dentist may replace the existing tooth if it is damaged very badly. He/she can replace the affected tooth with an implant, bridge or a partial denture.
- Root canal process – If tooth decay has increased to the centre of your molar, it may require to be removed. The process of removing tooth is known as root canal therapy.
If you possess extremely damaged tooth, it may require to be removed. Make an appointment with well-trained dentists at the best dental hospital in chennai and have your tooth treated appropriately.
How to Prevent Tooth Decay?
Tooth decay is a common oral problem which can be easily prevented by maintaining proper oral health. So, keep your gums and teeth as healthy as possible. Read on the following guidelines to know how to avoid this problem:
- Reduce starchy and sugary foods and beverages
- Brush your teeth with a fluoride toothpaste at least twice and floss at least once a day
- Your dentist will decide how often he/ she will perform a dental checkup based on the condition of gums, teeth and mouth.
- See your general physician or dentist if you have a dry mouth
- Prevent smoking and excessive alcohol intake
Although these guidelines will help you prevent tooth decay, it is recommended to see the best dentist in chennai city and get faster relief.