In recent years, there has been a significant shift in the internal-communications strategy of most companies.Many have removed traditional methods like emails and newsletters and replaced them with mobile and shared-platform communication. One of the more future-forward aspects of that has been leadership demand for smooth transfer of video messages.Progressive companies understand that their employees tend to avoid large volumes of text and are more likely to retain information through videos.
Live webcasting and streaming are popular enterprise methods now gaining ground. They are effective in expanding reach and improving the impact of events, meetings, and instructional programs. The scope of live-streaming technology covers product and service promotions, live announcements, online meetings, and general awareness for employees. Companies are using videos to communicate with everyone, including customers and partners.
Quicker knowledge transfer
Knowledge transfer and learning sessions can often be difficult to arrange. Finding a physical space involves coordinating with the facilities team, arranging equipment, and after all that, struggling to accommodatea limited number of people in a meeting room. Video solutions for business, on the other hand, can save a lot of time. They let you develop presentations, stream with live camera feed, and involve everyone who carries a mobile phone these days! Although some implementation challenges may come to your mind.
Easier to understand and learn
Videos, by nature, make learning better, especially because the audience can view it a number of times. If you are still in the old setup, someone might take a video of the instructor speaking, but then it has to be shared through email or the company LAN. Over a slightly larger network, sharing the file becomes tedious due to bandwidth issues. The video’s reach also gets limited, and you never know if people will actually view it.
A better way out is resorting to enterprise video services, which enable full security, easy transmission, and HD quality viewing.It also helpsreach employees on their personal mobile devices. But if you thought about a video platform like YouTube instead, beware of possible security compromise. You should look for something that combines the rich features of YouTube and offers full security for your corporate data.
Interactive tools in video apps
- Hot Spots: It is a transparent area that’s clickable and on doing so opens a link.
- Choose Your Own Adventure: The viewer controls the path, as one video loads another video.
- Annotations: They help in adding little descriptions and is used as an overlay where one can learn more about the video with just one click.
- Widgets: These are like annotations, with the only difference being that instead of providing just information to the viewer, via a click, it asks for viewer participation. This can be likened to voting in a poll.
- Attachments: This type of video stores a payload of files and other media for viewers.
- Remixing: As the name suggests, one can make their own version after accessing the original version of the video.
- Live:This is similar to some of the abovementioned with the difference being that this is used more for seminars and web conferences as compared to video on demand/ asynchronous interactive videos.
Convenience is the key
Enterprise video platforms that corporates are adopting, go a long way to help employees and partner companies feel truly engaged. Apart from encouraging participation, they let every person feel “the system works for them”. One click, and a relevant video is on their screens! The way things are evolving amidst video solutions for business, relevance is becoming the key instrument for generating interest. That’s what is about to reshape many industries.