People do not ignore physical emergencies. In the same way, they shouldn’t ignore dental emergencies as it leads to loss of teeth and further complicates the oral health. Once, the oral health is affected, it impacts various parts of the body as well. Many people must understand that the oral care is utmost important, and any dental emergencies must be addressed immediately.
Right Time to Contact a Dentist
A dental emergency could be a tooth ache. Find out local dentist in your area and check if they can provide their time for emergencies, which might arise anytime of the day. A tooth ache could be a symptom of a teeth or gum decay. If ignored, then dental emergencies could lead to severe oral problems, and might affect even the other teeth. This is one of the reasons that make it important to keep the contact details of a local dentist, who provides emergency treatment.
Availability of the Dentist
- Dentists have fixed timings of appointments and working
- If you have a fracture or a chipped teeth, then it can be considered an emergency
- The fracture or any kind of teeth injury can also cause infection
- To avoid any further cause of infection, it is good to visit a dentist immediately
- You can also call for an emergency if you need oral implants for knocked out teeth
- Patients with broken or dislocated jaws take the help of a dentist as soon as possible
- If most of these cases of emergencies are not addressed, it will be difficult to eat
- The filing in your teeth too can deteriorate and it requires an immediate restoration
- A tooth ache, however minor or severe is always a medical emergency
Things you can do at Home for Oral Care
You can always make a list of dentists who take care of emergency services from the local dentist directory. If your tooth is knocked out, then rinse your mouth with warm water. If the tooth is not yet knocked out completely, then you can take precautionary measures. The tissues and nerves can re-grow underneath the teeth.
The filing of the teeth can become loose over time due to wear and tear caused by eating. You can use clove oil to sooth the pain if the filling or the crown comes out. Rinse the mouth with lukewarm water if the teeth are chipped or cracked. Also, use a cold press to relieve the pain due to teeth or gums.
Save a Decayed Tooth
If for any reason the teeth are decayed or loose, then you still have the chance to save these teeth. You can use cold press and over the counter pain relievers to sooth the pain, till you see a doctor.
There are various types of dental emergencies. If you are suffering from any of the dental emergencies, then you can follow a few tips at home to find temporary solace before you make an appointment with your dentist.