When an area is not maintained properly, the slip and fall situations occur that leads to the injuries. It is a property owner’s responsibility to maintain safety condition and prevent such situation. If a slip and fall event occurs, the victim needs to hire a slip and fall attorney as
- Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Cases are Categorized as Premises Liability Cases and are Based on the State Law.
You need to hire a Miami slip and fall lawyer who is familiar with the Florida state laws and can file and pursue your case. Slip and fall or trip and fall accidents are usually categorized as premises liability cases. The injured party must prove that the property owner was negligent in the upkeep and maintenance of the involved property. Negligence refers to the property owner’s failure to provide reasonable care for the property.
- You Need a Slip and Fall Lawyer Who Can Prove that the Property Owner or Manager Failed to Maintain the Property or Has Failed to Remove All Reasonable Risks.
Most states have laws that require the property owner to maintain their property and to remove all unreasonable risks. Property laws apply to both business and homeowners. In Miami, Florida, and in most states, the merchant is considered to be responsible for persons who use the premises and must provide reasonable care at all times to the upkeep of aisles, hallways and floors. Each must be kept in a reasonably safe condition at all times, and the owner must maintain every reasonable effort to keep the premises free of hazardous conditions that could lead to harm. A few instances are:
- Slip and fall accidents that occur on commercial establishments and are caused by foreign substances or liquids
- Trip and fall incidents created by unsafe property conditions
- Construction site accidents
- Assaults by business patrons and employees or business customers
Business owners and homeowners have a continuing obligation to provide individuals on their premises with a safe and secure environment.
- You Need to Secure an Experienced Slip and Fall Lawyer Who Will Include Pain and Suffering and Lost Wages in Your Claim.
If you or a loved one experience a slip and fall due to the homeowner or business establishment’s failure to provide a safe environment, you may submit a claim for damages that were incurred. In Miami, Florida, these damages include pain and suffering, medical costs and lost wages.
- You Need to Hire an Experienced Slip and Fall Attorney Who Will Help You to Clearly Document and Present Your Case.
- Avoid detailed statements placing fault
- Obtain the names of the property owners and managers
- Document the names of all witnesses
- Take clear photos of the scene and injuries
- Keep the footwear and clothing that you wore during the incident
- Obtain medical attention if you have been injured
- Do not provide insurance adjusters with recorded statements
- Call a Miami Slip and Fall Attorney
- Only An Experienced Miami Slip and Fall Attorney Will Fight to Prove The Liability of the Property Owner and Will Seek To Obtain Full Compensation.
The responsibility of the property owner or manager will depend on the state and federal laws that apply to the surrounding circumstances. For example, the homeowner or owner of a store had a duty to warn you of any known hazards that you may have encountered. Construction workers are also legally obligated to inform and protect individuals of dangers. Even if you were adequately warned, they might still be legally liable for the injuries that you experienced. Only a trip and fall or slip and fall attorney will have the expertise that is needed to place your claim and to help you receive the appropriate compensation.
So, if you encounter any slip and fall situation, contact a specialized attorney right away!