Whenever we get to know about a new technology, replacing the older ones, we face a lengthy queue of questions arising in the mind. No wonder that electric vehicles (EVs) would face the same. One would naturally be curious to know if they are expensive or cheap to buy and run, would they really do any good to the environment, and what about the ranges and charging?
Here we are happy to answer few of those questions making it easy for you to arrive at the decision, if it is time to get one EV home.
- Some Electric Cars Are Unexpectedly Fast: As explained by the Chevrolet dealer Lebanon, today the Electric cars are almost like those combustion cars which are available with a wide range of specification options along with respective performance levels to match. They have caught up the speed in last couple of years and has busted the myth that they are slow.
- Some Are Cheap: Electric Vehicles in these days are no longer an object to preserve. To make them run on roads like any other car, the manufacturers have lowered the price and made it affordable. They are almost like buying any new car and the price tags are no more a reason to shift your choice to a regular fuel vehicle.
- The Battery Is the Most Expensive Part: Just like any other electric gadget like laptop, tablet or smartphone that run on batteries, the most important and expensive part of electric cars is the battery. A kind of lithium battery technology is used in these cars that are more complex and that makes it expensive. But there is an interesting part of it, to make it a worry-free approach in running the Electrical Vehicles, the manufacturers replace them in case of a battery failure, what falls under the owner’s cost is charging it which would anyway be lesser than affording tons of money on the increasing rates of fuel.
- Maintaining Electric Cars Are Easier: The EVs have much lesser amount of moving parts and chances of their failure. This makes these vehicles cheaper to maintain and simpler to run especially in longer terms. The clever combination of battery-management software and battery leasing schemes cuts short much of the stresses and worries out of owning an electric vehicle.
- Range Is Not an Issue Any More: The Chevrolet Lebanon dealers revealed that electric cars are facing the trouble of range anxiety from most of the buyers. But to ease them of this anxiety, they shared the knowledge that most of the batteries used for these cars are capable of running the car more than 100 miles a day if charged fully. Moreover, in every developed city, there are charging stations available at regular intervals that would not let the car battery drain down at the middle of the road and leave you stranded.
Now that every new day is proceeding with a galloping speed towards a more effective technology, Electrical Cars would receive more and more power to run through longer distances. To ensure a greener future more number of charging stations needs to be planted and one purchase of EV purchase would motivate others to join the revolution.