Have you been to the beach yet this summer? The beach is the perfect place to soak up some rays or cool off in the ocean on a hot day. If you haven’t had a chance to get to the beach yet, don’t fret! There’s still plenty of time left to plan a beach day (or even a full week, if you’re lucky!). These 5 fashion musts will help you to look your best while enjoying your time out in the sun on a sandy beach.
- Natural Sunscreen – Bringing sunscreen to the beach with you is always a must. Sunscreen will help protect your skin from harmful UV rays and, of course, sunburn. Opt for a natural sunscreen that is free from harmful chemicals, like Sunology. Natural sunscreen will keep you from burning and it will also include beneficial natural ingredients to help your skin look healthier than ever!
- Sexy Swimsuits – Be sure to bring sexy swimsuits with you so you can catch some waves in style! There are plenty of unique swimsuits for you to choose from this summer, including pinup style high-waisted bikinis, monokinis, cutout bikinis, and crotchet bikinis. Pick up a handful of styles to try and alternate for an extended stay on the beach!
- Funky Sunglasses – Summer is a time to be laidback, have some fun, and enjoy life! There’s no need to be serious all the time, especially during the long days of summer. Make sure your style matches your laidback and fun personality this summer by wearing a pair of funky sunglasses. You don’t need to spend a fortune on designer sunglasses, either. You can purchase a pair or two, often at the same place that you buy your swimsuit – most will sell accessories. Have a competition with your friends to see who can find the craziest pair for the least money!
- A Lightweight Cover Up – You’ll want to bring a cover up to the beach with you for when you go to and from the beach to the boardwalk. Opt for a material that is lightweight and absorbent (and comfortable), such as terrycloth. You can also get one with a hood to look extra cute when the temperatures drop on the boardwalk at night!
- Cute Flip-Flops – Flipflops have become a must-have summer fashion staple, and for good reason! These shoes were even recently praised by Jimmy Fallon in a hilarious sketch where he hails flip-flops as being the “5-dollar foot thongs.” The cheap price isn’t the only benefit of flip-flops, though. Another benefit is the fact that they come in many different colors and patterns, allowing you to match your swimsuit with your flip-flops or simply show off your own quirky fashion sense. These shoes are also perfect for the beach, as you won’t have to worry about getting sand in your shoes as you would with sneakers. Simply put, flip-flops are an absolute must for beach fashion!
How many times have you been to the beach this summer? When is your next trip planned? Don’t forget to bring these 5 fashion must-have items with you the next time you go!