Most people might take dog waste very casually. They may think picking up dog waste is not so important and is just a matter of courtesy. However, there is more to it than you have thought otherwise. Read below why dog waste management is so important and how it is beneficial.
How Dog Waste can be Dangerous
- Dog waste when untreated can pollute the environment. When left in the ground or roadside, it pollutes the soil and surroundings through various bacteria and worms. It can pollute the ground water, kill plants and spread disease such as giardia, salmonella and Ecoli. If disposed in sewer or road side drainage, it can pollute the river and springs and can cause various water borne diseases.
- Not only will it invite odor, the left out poop can also invite insects such as flies and mosquitoes in the surrounding areas. These insects get proper environment to multiply and reproduce. This in turn can have various chances of diseases spreading from flies and mosquitoes and other harmful insects.
- Also, it ruins the place. The free area that you used to enjoy games, backyard cooking and spending family time can be ruined if dog poops lie all over the place. No one would like to hang around a filthy area that is covered with dog poop.
Benefits of Pet Waste Station
To get rid of those harmful effects of dog waste, the best method is to install pet waste station in the surroundings. You can get full information on www.bowwowwaste.com/categories/pet-waste-stations/. Here are some of the benefits that it brings along:
- With no dog poop lying around freely, you do not have to worry about the diseases it brings along. Since the environment is bacteria free, you can always hang around the open space and enjoy quality time with your family and friends.
- Leftover stools invite flies and insects. With proper management of stool, you can actually control flies and pests from entering your residence area and surroundings. With that, you also control the possibility of disease they carry along.
- With pet waste stations, you no longer have to deal with the stinky odor of the poop or will never have to have a bad day stepping on it. You have a clean fresh environment.
- Some dogs are habituated in eating their poop. This is disgusting. However, with pet waste stations, you now don’t have to worry about this habit as there won’t be anything left behind for your dog to eat. So, your dog doesn’t get tempted to its filthy habit anymore.
- Installing pet waste stations will not only help current pet owners, who are responsible to manage their pet’s waste, but, it will also ensure that those who don’t also start doing it. Yes, the installation of pet waste station in the community will push those lazy owners to bind by the rules and start picking up their pet waste and manage it properly. This is what a win-win situation looks like.