If you aren’t truly familiar with the term CBD at all you might be thinking, wait I can get my dog high?! Well, no, CBD or Cannabidiol is a derivative of the cannabis plant (the part that has no mind-altering effects that THC).
CBD has been renowned for its many healing effects for humans. We now know that its effects can be duplicated in animals and drastically improve many common conditions due to the fact that the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) functions the same way in people as it does in dogs, cats, and other animals. CBD is also available in many safe and vet endorsed forms including CBD dog treats.
Curious why you should consider giving your dog a dose of hemp?
- CBD for Dog Seizures – seizures are scary whether they are in our pets or in humans. CBD oil has been approved from the FDA for seizures in humans and its incredible naturally derived results. If your dog is experiencing seizures or has a history of seizures, CBD dog treats, tincture drops, or even capsules can help lessen the number of events or their severity. Currentl,y many vets will prescribe phenobarbital which can have quite a few symptoms. If your pet is not doing well with phenobarbital or you are considering a natural remedy for your dog’s seizures. It is worth discussing CBD with your veterinarian.
- CBD for Separation Anxiety – separation anxiety and general anxiety in dogs are two of the most common issues humans and pets both struggle with. If your dog tears the house up when you go to work every day or is suffering from stress when it comes to thunderstorms, loud noises, a new environment, or even fireworks, CBD may help. Studies have shown that CBD has been shown to be very helpful to humans when it comes to anxiety and many pet owners have been seeing improvements in their dog’s anxiety as well.
- CBD Dog Treats for Heart & Immune Care– Even if your dog doesn’t suffer from a severe condition CBD has also been used to promote overall canine health. Many CBD dog treats actually come with additional superfoods, think of it like a multivitamin for your pet.
- CBD for Dog Cancer & Tumors – If your dog has recently been diagnosed with cancer or has a tumor you might be searching for answers. Cancer is such a complex disease in humans and in pets and there are many things we don’t know about when it comes to the causes of cancer. What we do know is CBD has been shown to slow or stop tumors from growing and help with general pain if any is associated with the particular diagnosis.
- CBD for Arthritis Pain & Inflammation in Dogs– As dog’s age it’s incredibly common to show signs of pain and inflammation. Nobody likes to see their dog in pain. While NSAIDs and other prescribed medication may help if nothing is working for your dog, CBD once again could be a reasonable solution for your aching pet.
- CBD for Skin & Allergies in Dogs- Dogs can suffer from excessive shedding, itch, alopecia, and bald spots. A dog’s skin and fur are pretty complex, not only does it cover the majority of their body, they naturally shed it and grow it to acclimate for external factors. Just like human hair the fur on your dog can be influenced by what the dog eats. CBD dog treats or products in general not only help your dog’s fur but also their skin and allergy issues like itches and rashes.
It is important when you are considering using CBD for your pet that you get it from a reputable retailer with plenty of reviews. Right now, you can buy CBD dog treats and CBD oil for dogs online and have it shipped anywhere in the United States legally. For the most natural and safe product for your pet you will want to make sure that the company’s products are lab tested, organic, and contain no additives or preservatives.